BaDuanJin 8 Silk Brocades QI GONG
Date & Time:
October 10.00am - 1.00pm
Tara Yoga Centre
25-31 Ironmonger Row
Closest station Old Street, short walking distance from Barbican, Angel & Farringdon stations.
These workshops are open to all.
BaDuanJin 8 Silk Brocades QI GONG
BaDuanJin has a history of over 1,000 years and is one of the most famous QI GONG forms practiced within China.
The name Silk Brocades refers to the priceless value of this QI GONG as well as to the effect it has on one's Qi matrix/Energy field.
Historically Brocaded Silk was very expensive whilst the Silken fluidity and power regular practice of the form granted - through it's effect on the Energy field - is well known.
BaDuanJin is a complete Energy workout affecting all the various aspects of one's Qi field with each of the 8 movements targeting a specific area within.
One could liken this to 8 medicine bottles via which all aspects of the Qi field can be harmonised.
Two hands hold the Sky, to harmonise the San Jiao,
Draw the bow both Left and Right to open the Fire & Metal,
Inner Earth joins Outer Earth as Two hands flow in opposition,
Eliminate the Five Exhaustions and the Seven Injuries as Wise Owl gazes backwards,
Punching with angry eyes for Wood whilst sway, sink & turn for Water,
One Hundred Illnesses dissolve as Heaven meets Earth through the feet.
In this workshop you will learn the complete BaDuanJin - 8 Silk Brocades QI GONG form.
Each of the indivdual Silk Brocades has specific benefits:
- Brocade 1: Two Hands Hold up the Heavens (SanJiao & 3 DanTian harmony)
- Brocade 2(a): Drawing the Bow (FIRE Element - Heart Qi)
- Brocade 2(b): Drawing the Bow (METAL Element - Lung Qi)
- Brocade 3: Wise Owl Gazes Backwards (EARTH Element - Spleen Qi)
- Brocade 4: Separate Heaven and Earth (Cosmos Qi - Earth Qi integration)
- Brocade 5: Sway the Head and Shake the Tail (WATER Element - Kidney Qi)
- Brocade 6: Punching with Angry Eyes (WOOD Element - Liver Qi)
- Brocade 7: Two Hands Hold the Feet (WATER Element - Kidney Qi)
- Brocade 8: Bouncing on the Toes (Cosmos, Human, Earth Qi integration)
The practice of BaDuanJin - 8 Silk Brocades QI GONG is excellent for the following:
- Dynamically activate the Body's natural healing systems
- Desire to feel more grounded in & connected to & through the physical body
- Emotional disharmony affecting thoughts, moods & actions
- Agitated or restless mind
- Physical injuries, aches & pains
- Post surgery or medical intervention rehabilitation
- Pre surgery or medical intervention strengthening
- Increased Qi/Energy flow through areas that feel blocked, stagnated or weaker than others
- For the sheer joy of experiencing more Qi/Energy flow through your Qi/Energy matrix and the associated awareness & experiences.
- Consciousness Expansion and Awakening experiences
£30 for 3 hour workshop
Over 65s - 25% off
£22.50 for 3 hour workshop
Partner & Family places - 33% off for Partners & Family members (1 Standard place must be purchased to be eligible)
£20.00 for 3 hour workshop
For multiple booking discounts contact us
Qi Gong/Energy Skill is the ancient system of Vital Energy Cultivation developed by Chinese QiGong teachers over many thousands of years.
It is the fundamental aspect of Traditional Chinese Medicine which works on harmonising the Qi/Energy flow of the Organs (ZangFu) & their associated Meridians (JingLuo) through Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, QiGong & TuiNa.
Combinations of meditative focus, breathing methods, movement & stillness techniques are all aspects of QiGong, by interacting with & manipulating the Qi within our bodies as well as interaction with the multitude of Qi fields around us, one can achieve an abundance of Qi flow resulting in relaxation, health, rejuvenation & vitality.
This workshop is open to all & suitable for all levels.
We look forward to you joining us!
For more information on any aspect of our London QiGong Workshops